Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Copycat or the Real Thing?

I very rarely go back on something I vow to do but times like these call for exceptions. For anyone who has followed my blog the past several months the Lucky Charmer was banished from my blog months ago. For those of you who are new to my blog I would recommend reading about this phantom of the night in my previous blog entries.

Why am I talking about the banished follower of my blog? I'll explain. Last night my favorite neighbor from BLAPT 13 was at my place visiting Jason and I and when we walked her to the door at a little past midnight we were surprised to see the LC's calling card (a box of Lucky Charms) sitting in front of our door. Those of you who are familiar with the LC will recall that each item that was left on my porch was littered with meaningless clues to nowhere in an attempt by the adversary to piddle my time away chasing false clues (it worked). Well, last night's 'gift' followed the same mo with the words 'Grow up' and 'time is running out' circled very prominently on the box. Today I decided to open them up and have a bowl of cereal only to find that this particular box of Lucky Charms was lacking the marshmallows! Upon further investigation I found that the perpetrator had opened the bottom of the bag, poured out the cereal, sorted out all the marshmallows, put the puffed poop leftovers back in the bag, and then melted the bag shut again! Once again, for those familiar with the LC's beginnings you will recall that it all started when I made reference in a blog post to Lucky Charms in a post dedicated to life and dating. In that reference I pointed out that while most of the time, in life, we are stuck dealing with the menial labors of life (nasty puffed oat pieces in LC cereal) once in a while we are blessed with sweet little morsels that persuade us to continue looking for love, success, education, etc (this would be the marshmallows). So, in essence last nights little escapade by the LC (or a copycat) was meant to show me that they have essentially taken it upon themselves to deprive me of the sweet moments in life. To me this is an act of war and I refuse to stand idly by while they do such things!

You may be wondering, "what can he do since he doesn't even know who it is?" That is an excellent question, and one that I have a very solid answer for. A very close friend of mine just happened to be out in the parking lot in his/her car that was parked very closely to my door and noticed the package being dumped on my steps! Yup, the LC was caught red handed! Well upon investigation we figured out who it was that made the drop last night and we are planning retaliatory measures that will, essentially make them cry. I have my doubts that last night was actually an impersonator that only wished they were the LC but regardless the war is on. The ONLY way that you can escape the wrath of BLAPT 14 is by admitting your actions. You might think that by saying this I am admitting that I really don't know who you are. In that case, you are absolutely WRONG and will suffer the consequences. Choose wisely.

If you are in fact the original Lucky Charmer I will gladly admit your greatness on my blog if you come and fess up. If you aren't the original LC then apparently you had nothing better to do last night so you pulled a flawed copycat prank (flawed since you were caught) after stalking my blog. Anyways, Copy Cat or "Real Deal" the choice is yours. If we have not heard from you by Thursday night you can expect a visit from us. Good Luck!

6 comments:

Erika said...

Can I please PLEASE help execute the retaliatory measures!?! I've been looking for a good adventure for SO long now!! Haha! Good luck!

Leon said...

I would speculate, nay, conjecture that the infamous LC would not be able to humble themselves to confess their crimes. Their ego is much too large, therefore it will be nice to cut it down to size, much like another incredible event that took place outside of our good friend KC's apt. Ha! Good thing we have planned out EXACTLY what we're going to do. Face the wrath of BLAPT 14!

Anonymous said...

ATTENTION!
Coming from the real Lucky Charmer, what happened to you was definatly a copy cat. Sorry. I guess you'll never know who the REAL LC is, but thanks for giving me great laughs and enjoyment for awhile. Funny enough though, the copy cat went way far and beyond what I would have. So I give them props, but I do agree with the message. Also, remember how you were wondering if the LC was an admirer? Well since I'm fessing up...I'm not. Thanks for the good times and laughs. Please keep them coming! :)
As for the Lucky Charmer impersonators I congratulate you for taking it a step further, but you really should come up with a persona of your own. We all know I'm the master mind behind it all. But thanks for taking the wrath. It's great being a mysterious figure HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

The message sent was not meant to be one of deprivation, but rather a suggestion that you may be missing out on some of the sweetest morsels in life!

Clarissa Earl said...

Wow, people really like to prank you don't they?!

Spratt said...

This is awesome! Resealing the bottom of the bag??!! Genius! I really want to know who was caught. If you need any help with the retaliation let me know.