Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Nephew ATLAST!!


Now don't get me wrong, I love my nieces more than anything in the world... BUT I was beginning to wonder if my brother's and their wives were capable of having male children. I was happy to be proven wrong when my nephew, Kooper Teage Laws was born Friday morning. Klayton and Shelbie finally proved me wrong (probably the first time Klayton has had the upper hand on me in 23 years :) ). Both Kooper and Shelbie are healthy and well and Ryleigh, Reaghan, and Klayton are happy to have their mother and baby brother at home.


I went down on Friday and babysat the the girls (with my parents) while Klayton was at the hospital with Shelbie and Kooper. It was funny to see Reaghan trying to teach her two day old little brother the secret handshake that I have with my nieces! Needless to say he wasn't at all interested in learning that at the moment and was content to sleep.

As you can see by the picture I had plenty of help anytime I got the chance to hold Kooper. Ryleigh went through the checklist: Wash your hands, Sanitize you hands, sit down, and let her and her sister sit on my lap while I hold him. She's got the system down that's for sure! Anyways, life is good.

7 comments:

Megs said...

Oh how cute! Aren't nephew's the best? I love mine! I'm opposite of you though, I really want a niece now! How fun! I'm excited for you :)

Jessie said...

Boys are so wonderful!! You're going to make such a great dad Kendall!

Lamm Family said...

HurraY! I bet Shelbie and Clayton are so pumped! Nope I bet Kelly is even more ha ha Congrats!

Leon said...

Except for the funny looking dude, the picture is way cute!

Leon said...

...maybe I should stop taking shots at you....
.....
Nah!!! Giggity!!!

The Laws' said...

Congrats! That is really awesome!

Anonymous said...

yea for nephews! We are still waiting to see if the Shumway boys can produce male offspring!:) I'm excited for you to have a nephew to play with!:)