Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Geocaching

So I decided to add some music to my blog. You may notice there is a good bit of country on it.... actually ALL the songs but one are country.... I'm a country boy what can I say :).

So lately I have this problem that I never thought would be a problem. Today was day THREE of absolutely no homework and I am getting sooooo bored I cant even stand it! So I dug out my GPS (Global Positioning System unit) and added some geocaches to it from around Logan. I realized that there was one VERY close to my apartment that wasn't there last winter so I went to find it today and saved the rest for another day. I've found that I often have a hard time finding the caches when I am by myself so I enlisted the aid of one of the girls that lives here in Brooklane. Krista (said girl) found it as soon as we go close to it.... I think she thought I just wanted her to go with me. Not like she went very far with me since the cache was literally right outside her bedroom window :). Anyways I LOVE geocaching and will probably mention it many more times on the blog. HOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAY that I now have something to do since I don't have a lick of homework tomorrow either! Anyone that wants to go geocaching with me just needs to mention it and I'm all for it anytime!

What is geocaching you might ask.... Well very simply its a worldwide, hightec treasure hunt. Anyone can play that has a GPS unit and creates a free account at geocaching.com to get the coordinates. Once the unique coordinates of a 'cache' are inserted into the GPS unit you just simply follow the maps and arrows to where ever the cache is located. Depending on the weather, geographical location, and government, you can get within feet of it just by watching the GPS. Caches vary in size and contents but all in all its a really fun activity so if anyone is interested let me know! I'll take any excuse I can to go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Now we've cached by boat, but caching by horse must be great.

Leon said...

Wait, what's a GPS again? Ha! ;) PS the weird word that I had to type to post this comment almost says pothead!

BettyJo said...

So... this Krista won't mind the things you said about her when your blog is open for everyone to see?... :)

Megs said...

remember when we went? and we couldn't find it forever? haha that was so fun, and i still have the bracelet :)

we should do it again!